Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kechari Mudra

On the month of febraury 2009, during meditation my tongue rolled back naturally. I never expected this during meditation and at the same time I was feeling good. Many questions raised in my mind still i was enjoying this experience. Slowly I realized what is happening, as mind is settling down, the tongue naturally rolls back and touches the soft pallet of the roof of my mouth. This softness is very soft. When you are out of meditation & try to touch the same roof you feel it is much harder. As the experience deepens, slowly the physical senses of my tongue disappeared. I sense my tongue is really trying harder to reach something beyond this roof. The sweet taste of nectar through the tip of the tongue slowly spread throughout my body. I am completely absorbed in this experience. I explained this experience to GURU on the eve of Shakthi-path deeksha (febraury) . Swamiji told me that this is called as "Kechari mudra", and advised me not to be afraid of this experience instead he told me to enjoy when it happens. For about a month I was experiencing this continuously during meditation.

1 comment:

A Disciple said...

How divine! How blessed!